Skip to main content

You Are NOT Too Legit To Quit


Last time we checked no one was rocking balloon pants or signing the last name Hammer to their receipts.  That being said there is NO ONE in the studio who is Too Legit To Quit!  You have to know your limits and when it is time to walk away and rest.  Here are the Top Ten Reasons Why:


  1. When you take too many classes back to back your body fatigues and puts you at risk for injury.
  2. You need to give your body time to recoup and rebuild, we wrote another blog on that you should probably read it.
  3. Hydration doesn't just mean drinking water, it also means helping the fascia work out kinks so the body can hydrate correctly.
  4. You start to smell.
  5. We know the Twisted Twosome are cool and all, but don't you have better things to do than hang out with us all day?
  6. IF you hang out all day….we will put you to work scrubbing toilets, we hate that stuff.
  7. You suck in class cause your tired, and that make us angry and you won't like us when we're angry.
  8. Your body needs time to absorb the good nutrients you put in without burning them off.  It's called feeding smart, it helps your brain and stuff.
  9. When you push your body too much you won't sleep well and/or you will get sick.  We don't want to share those germs.
  10. We would like to add some advanced level classes on and well we just can't do that if you always TIRED!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga isn't for me.

Yoga. Often I tell people they should try yoga. And often I watch their faces contort with such abhorrence that I can barely make out the person I'm speaking to. Yoga. Why the fear? Why so much hate and disdain? Why so many excuses? I'm not flexible...I don't have any balance...I'm too fidgety. PEOPLE! (yes I'm shouting) This is why you start doing yoga! Allow yourself to be a beginner. When you learned how to ride a bike did you just hop on and ride like the wind? No, you had a few stumbles but you kept trying because you wanted that freedom. That is exactly what you will experience with your yoga practice. But in the end...freedom. Freedom to connect from within yourself, freedom to feel and move and freedom of your worries and cares even if just for a moment. With all that being said, let me take you back to the start of my yoga practice... 5 years ago I could not touch my toes. Seriously. I couldn't do the splits, I couldn...

The Curious Case of Creative Movement - Part 2 - Carissa Laitinen - Kniss

The Curious Case of Creative Movement Part 2 What It Is As an incoming freshman at TWU, I thought I knew what movement was, what dance was, and how to create it and perform it.  I thought wrong.  I had excellent training growing up, far superior to most young girls going to dance studios.  We were required to take Pilates, taught good foundational elements, excellent technique, and I had some of the best teachers in the nation.  I was afforded opportunities to take classes from world renowned teachers and artists of dance.  I attended classes with professionals from Joffery, American Ballet Theater, The Royal Winnepeg Ballet, and former prima ballerinas from the Russian Ballet Academy.  I went in a strong confident dancer that freshman year and was knocked flat on my ass with knowledge that made my brain melt and my heart hurt.  I was attending one of the top ten universities in the nation for dance an...

How do you find a great fitness instructor?

Whether it's for a group class or private training, finding a knowledgeable, quality instructor is a difficult task for most people. It's a little intimidating to put the care of your body into the hands of another individual. Especially one who will be challenging your physical shortcomings. Here are a few questions you should ask  yourself and your potential trainer... Are they a certified trainer? If so, where did they obtain their certification and how long have they been instructing? This is not to deter you from training with a newly certified instructor. There are many "freshly certified" instructors that have been training independently, have a degree in physical fitness/dance/kinesiology or were professional dancer/performers prior to entering the field. That being said, research their certification to be sure it is credible and requires practice/mentor hours. Do they have experience/work history? Have they put in the hours of continuing ed...